Sunday, February 14, 2021

Brainstorming Genre and Ideas for a story Pt ll


I made a chart to help plan out the props needed to create the scene; this isn’t including the tools needed to make the set, actors needed, or the costume design:

Idea 

Prop(s) or Necessary equipment

Ingredients

Costs 

Motivation

The dying protagonist

Fake blood

3 shirts

Corn Syrup

Red, Blue, and Green dye

3 shirts for multiple takes

$5

Time to make the blood

Separate plans for the different takes

This idea is enjoyable, and I’m hoping I can get the green light to do this idea.

Grieving protagonist w/ imaginary friend

Stuffed Animal

Tombstone

Fake Will 

Stuffed Animal

Styrofoam

Paper


$7

Time to make the fake tombstone


I think this idea is fun and I can make artistic traits more prevalent with the grieving mind of the main character.

Cookie Cutter 

Coming of Age

Book 

Backpack

Journal pen & paper

Book

Backpack

Journal pen & paper

None

I’m not as thrilled about this idea as the others but I believe I can still put my artistic spin on it. 


From the chart above I’ve put down some of the ideas and repercussions to think about when making props. I’m still open to new ideas but I wanted to mark down what I might need for the future. 

I also wanted to make a note of movies, shows, and openings that might be of assistance. For the thriller genre: Pyscho, The Silence of the Lambs, and Gone Girl. I’ll be taking notes and analyzing the openings. When I do, I’ll report back to this blog so that not only will others see and but it’ll also be on record for what I feel and noticed then. 

For the coming of age genre or more accurately the drama genre, I’ve selected Akeelah and the Bee, Moonlight, and 13 Reasons Why. I realize the coming of age-genre is probably closer to the overarching genre of drama; therefore instead of “coming of age” I’ll just say drama. Until next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website