Friday, February 19, 2021

Brainstorming Genre and Ideas for a story Pt llI

    I’ve been brainstorming more on different ideas that are easier to convey. To explain, in class we had to watch a TED talk of one of the cofounders of Pixar. There were many useful tips that he brought up but the ones that made me want to rethink my options were these: “Make me care” and “Show wonder.” I’ve thought that with the ideas that I have the ‘wonder’ may not be displayed enough to ‘make people care.’        
     To combat this I was thinking for the “The dying protagonist” there could be a scene of all the reasons why they didn’t want to die; if I added quick cuts of peaceful and happy moments with a voice-over by the protagonist as they are dying. I’d hope to tap into the audience’s feeling of desperation and the will to live; to make it more interesting maybe the reason why they want to live that may not be simply wanting to survive.
     For the “Grieving protagonist with an imaginary friend” I could maybe spice it up by once again using the flashback method to display happier times but I worry this may be too cheesy. And although this may not be the best solution, a possibility could be the use of a voice-over that gives the audience an insight into what the character is thinking.     
    Finally for the “Cookie Cutter Coming of Age,” this idea probably won’t change much but a voice-over once again pertaining to the idea of connecting with the audience that way. Another idea could be just a simple interaction with another person(actor) just demonstrating playful banter. 
         Not only was the video helpful but the research on different openings with similar genres to the ideas mentioned have also been a big help but I’ll probably have to express my new ideas in the next post. Looking forward to it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website