Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Old beginnings

I’ve grown a fair amount since the last time I posted. One of the products of my growth was the result of a project focused on distributing. With a story written by a student my group was tasked to create a distribution plan and create a trailer for a romantic comedy. I focused mostly on the editing of the project as my teammates dominated the acting, directing, and the creation of the key art. Other than editing I did a majority of the hypothetical marketing and focus on what the conventions for romantic-comedies are in general. It may not have translated well per my social ineptitude but nonetheless I found I was quite proud of that. 

Here is the folder filled with the distributing contents for “A Project for Disaster”


In all honesty there were a multitude of issues with the preproduction, production, and post. There was an insane lack of planning when it comes to knowing exactly what was supposed to be shot. Let alone the major factor of there being a lack of audio and shots for moments that truly needed it. Editing without a plan was like pulling out my own tongue and then trying to reattach it, an action done without a clear direction on where to go next. What’s worse is that the prompt of distribution was lightly grazed and didn't help the impact this could have-in theory-had.

Looking at it more positively it helped me realize how bad I am at sound design and how I can learn from this to spend more time truly planning out every step of mine. 


До свидания


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website