Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Parody-Pastiche-Psycho

While I’ve definitely completed something for my Media Studies class I’ve been able to spread my creative wings a lot more in my Film class. That's not to say that the skills I’ve acquired from Media Studies haven't helped but the lenient nature of the assignments really lets me have fun and push myself to complete what I want to the best of my ability. For this love-project I created a parody/pastiche piece to 1960, Alfred Hitchcock’s Psycho. Watching the movie was inspiring as it reflected the power of suggestion through multiple shots, enticing sound, and fast edits. I realized how much I loved the tragic but suspenseful nature of the film. I attempted to recreate the shower scene but with my own twist. 


Here is the my Psycho Parody:



Now I know there were, again, problems with the sound being too high or faint but the actions and story all followed a specific plan, a vast juxtaposition from the project in my last post. Either way I did learn that my dog probably will not always be as cooperative as he was in the picture and when delving into deeper topics not having your camera person be your mother who can demand you put a warning. Of course I doubt she’d ever go looking for it but better safe than sorry. Of course there are some other issues with mise-en-scène and sound as well as story line. This I’m slightly more proud of , granted should anyone every play it on a big scene I will divert my eyes but still. 


PS: I've been told by quite a few I have an accent, is this true?



До свидания


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website