Thursday, February 10, 2022

Here we Go Again

Now that the time has come for another portfolio project since we were told I already had ideas circling in my head, the only problem is that now I don’t know which to choose.

Out of the three decisions: Documentary, two trailers, or a short film. Seeing as I want to be a screenwriter, director, and head of story the last two are ideal but now the question is which one? At first I only had one idea for the trailer that I love but the feasibility of such a piece would be a real challenge. 


The story would have been for the trailer. Where a character meets and fights alongside her multidimensional doppelgängers. She would have discovered that through some unidentifiable reason herself from other dimensions are convening in her dimension. There would be light banter as they each introduced themselves: One who is similar to a Victorian noble, one who is a wild card, one who is a quiet kid that's just socially awkward, and finally another quiet kid who is secretly a skilled swordswoman.  Together they would discover another version of her who collected everyone there to kill at the same time. Of course the versions band together and fight as the plot of every team action movie. The genre would be an action/comedy where certain versions of her would bring most of the comedic relief. In terms of  actors all that would be needed would be me and that works great seeing as I’m working by myself. My worries though is how long this would take considering a lot of time for planning will be lost due to family situations. 


On the other hand my idea was for an experimental piece about loneliness. Essentially the main character will have interactions with masked people. The masks would begin to chip pieces away before the protagonist responds the wrong way and the mask comes back. While witnessing this version of the protagonist will help try to rationalize this phenomenon. The ending would be the main character settling to watch TV to escape the rationalizing and relax. 

Either way I don’t know what exactly to start planning for both have their ups and downs. On one hand the trailer idea is a lot of work but is much shorter than a whole short film. The short film will also take long but is a lot easier to shoot and less physically taxing. I will attain the opinions of many before making a decision.


До свидания


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website