Thursday, March 31, 2022

Time To Shake That Groove Thing

While I’m still behind with filming, I do have another thing off my plate. The short film, Trust It, I had previously been trying to finish working on is complete! Although on the surface this may not seem very promising, I’d like to assure that now more than ever I’m going to get working on the actual filming of Lonely. 

The first thing that I’m going to film is the bath scenes: which are supposed to embody a sense of familiarity, like the womb of a mother. For the first appearance of the tub it will be empty, representing the harsh and uncomfortable state that reaches out to the outsiders (people) that Tiren feels. The next part with the bathtub is the later scene; it's meant to show the comfortability that is found within retreating to the safe space. On top of the spur of the moment decision and some left over ketchup from the Psycho scene some images of blood in the water would be acceptable. It still adds that random experimental vibe that has the viewer guessing. 

Now how this is going to be filmed is difficult; this is the same bathroom as where I did the filming for the Psycho parody. The problem with this location is that number 1: it's the only one. Number 2: There is an automatic fan that turns on if you turn on the lights. Number 3: The ways I can get this set up without destroying my phone is limited. Now considering all those issues I will probably spend a little extra time before filming to play around with the area and lighting. Speaking of lighting it might be easier to put a blue filter over everything like I did in Trust It, it's just much easier with the lack of equipment I have. Until then when this is either a success or fail you’ll hopefully hear from me again. 


До свидания


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website