Sunday, February 28, 2021

Scouting, Actors, and other Technicalities

As time passes the due date for the project becomes even closer so have my plans for the actual filming of this movie opening. While in the process of mapping out the storyboard and actual shot composition for the shoot, I’ve decided to discuss other technicalities that set limitations. 

First of all the environment needs to be controllable, legal, and flexible for what’s going to occur in the shot. Because of Covid-19 options are limited and for the safety of myself and everyone involved. The perfect spot for a mundane scene would be my own backyard: not only can I control the influx of people but filming with my lack of hu-manpower.

The way that the majority of filming will have to take place is by setting up my camera beforehand. This is because I don’t have anyone else to work with; I do have access to my family group. Although I have my family-group I’d prefer to use them if a dynamic shot that requires movement is absolutely necessary, each member has their own stipulations, habits, and features that may hinder my productivity. 

To backflip off that, I will probably star as Marlyn, who is the only person that will be seen in the movie opening. This is what I originally planned and I mentioned not using the members of my family-group but there is one member who could be of aid. In retrospect, it would probably be easier to just employ her but like me, she has her own schedule; she will be kept in mind as a candidate. 

Props. This is one of the main concerns in developing mise-en-scene and the tone for the rest of the story. A theme I will discuss and elaborate on is life and its vibrancy, easily a fruit came to mind of the perfect tool to explain this. I won’t go in-depth in this post but I will in a later post. Another prop is a notebook that will be used to show Marlyn’s escape through the simplicity of drawing or writing; writing, because I have no talent in the former. Another would be a knife and possibly a syringe; the syringe will be argued about in a later post as it may provide more on the themes I want to portray. And finally, a cutting board that can provide the bridging sound that can create a tempo for the audience to hang onto similar to a clock ticking.  

See you in the next post!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website