Thursday, March 11, 2021

Sound & Samples Pt.I

The voice-over I plan to do is going to be the only sound before the use of thematic sound to promote the idea of life and its fragility. This sound will probably be the cutting of the fruit. I expect my sound to be diegetic, filmed along with the footage. If need be I could make foley sound for everything I don’t get when I film. 

Music, similar to ‘Gone Girl,’ comes after the bone-chilling voiceover which adds the perfect blend of eeriness as tight shots are taken of the surrounding landmarks. I want the music to have a building-up feeling to it, almost like a Shepard tone, to make the audience more suspenseful with the pretense of something coming suggested by the music. Now with limited talent and no skill in composing music the best way for me to get this music is through the beloved and hated crutch of the world: the internet. More specifically youtube, where I can easily type in traits of a noncopyrighted music piece to find, listen to, and download. 

Doing just that I typed: “build up copyright free music” into the search bar of youtube. And as a child of the internet only could, within seconds thousands of options had appeared and my search began. The first one I listened to definitely had the build-up I was looking for but the bass throughout the track was so strong and bold. I felt that it might be too much for a thriller like the one I’m teasing; it was akin to a movie about superheroes. Like anything I mention on here, it’s always a possibility but for the aforementioned reasons, I doubt it.

After scrolling a bit under the same string of words I found a teetering option. Teetering, because it wasn’t exactly what I was looking for but I found it to fit the bill of ‘bone-chilling.’ This piece is eerie but calm and doesn’t have as heightened energy as a piece with a Sheperd’s Tone. Oddly enough this is very similar to ‘Gone Girl’ but more sinister; I’m all for it.

I’ll probably continue my search in another post but until another day. Au Revoir!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website