Saturday, March 27, 2021

Filming

Today I filmed all that I planned to. Needless to say, not everything was particularly flawless which is what I expected going into this project on my own. In all honesty, my shots that had to be set up with a tripod were absolute poop!!! But I can’t give myself all the credit, the timing of my family and the time of day were all contributing factors to the disaster shoot. The whole reason I chose my backyard was to have a controlled area but alas my naivete knows no bounds; my family recently decided on the morning of my shooting to move the trampoline in my backyard. Moving it so close to the hammock stole away my vision of a beautiful longshot of my backyard which would cut multiple times to move in on my character, establishing their lively environment. 

It wasn’t a total bust. I was later able to enlist the help of my sister to hold the camera. Being a novice with a camera, I had to be incredibly specific on how I wanted these shots to be. And even with proper guidance filming wasn’t without problems; my other sister and rambunctious puppy made sure of that. One with the desire to be a part of everything and the other who just wants to eat. I predict that there will be a lot of sound being cut out. 

    For the shots I mentioned earlier, the visuals only offer footage for my attempted set up at the beginning and provided some beautiful diegetic sound for the outside; the birds must’ve been having a concert. 

Things seem to be on track! Until next time! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website