Monday, April 5, 2021

Final Reflection

 Looking back at all my old posts it's crazy how much of a journey this was compared to any other projects I’ve done. I’ve learned a lot from my class about developing something worthy of my audience's attention and it's one thing to learn from a screen from a PowerPoint to actually put the lessons into practice.

I’ve made a point to talk about it in the CCR but planning was a big thing for me. When doing past projects I’d make a script and then wing the rest of it but having a plan for every aspect of the film opening would make the execution so much better. I knew exactly what to look for when filming because I planned all of it out. 

Editing was something I am very familiar with but like pre-production, in the past, my post was simply “winging it” but since my edits were so specific in planning it provided a structure that made my opening beautiful.

A flaw that proved itself over and over again was how difficult it was to do everything by myself. As the actor, director, and editor it made the burden of the project much heavier but working with someone has its own hurdles. Even though my project came out as it did the power of a team and the input of others would have been helpful. 

Ultimately I really enjoyed this project and I look forward to others like this one in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website