Friday, February 18, 2022

More Research on Experimental Films


 Both The Crash Course History of Experimental film and the Beginners Guide to Experimental Cinema
were helpful in understanding the past of experimental films.
For instance Warhol’s Empire which was simply a static image of the Empire State Building for eight hours and five minutes. While I have no intentions of just filming a single object for hours on end I don’t think I can create something as elaborate as David Lynch though there are some elements I plan to use. Similar to the formerly mentioned director, the elements of
Un Chien Andalou creates more of a feeling rather than a concrete story. The supernatural traits that are utilized in David Lynch’s pieces but the loose narrative in Un Chien Andalou  is what I want to inspire my creation.

In terms of the validity of my resources do bring into question the information I did attain. For instance the Beginners Guide had very opinionated diction like: ‘best’ and ‘in my opinion.’ Whereas crash course kept things very informative by letting the chain of inspiration and innovation amongst film makers. It also talked about the history of the experimental genre’s origin or the “Avant Garde” style of film. Apparently this was sort of a protest against conventional film; the absolute opposition to what is typically done is accepted. As I mentioned briefly before these films were all about what it made you feel or think about rather than a story that needed to be told. 

One last thing–the crash course video talked about how documentaries use some abstract elements to deliver mostly nonfictional information. 


До свидания


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website