Friday, March 4, 2022

Plans | Thought Process

After the extensive research done on marketing and just everything in general I want to get things posted now. I fight with myself to move from the idea of waiting for the final product to be finished before marketing. I realize now that mindset is extremely counter productive because it's screwing with the potential that my film could have. I plan to start with the easiest to market and that would be the key art because I can be ambiguous with the title and visuals that don’t need to be explained. For that I realize that this mask needs to be created sooner than later and the paper mâché version may be more work than it needs to be so the alternative would be a mask I can decorate. I looked at Party City and the price of $5 doesn't seem too bad but I’d be a fool not to look anywhere else for better prices. Just as I thought Hobby Lobby has a much better price at $3.99. Anything else that was less than that didn’t have the coverage I wanted. 

Masks aside I often have a hard time with deadlines and with time as tight as ever I’d like to make a bona-fide to do list that will map out exactly what needs to be done starting from this weekend. 


Friday

Saturday

Monday

Complete Cover Visuals without the masks and possible ideas with the mask

Start with the script and screenplay


Start Blog and Social Media Page


Work on “Trust It”

Finish “Trust It” 


And continue to work on script and screenplay. 



Think about filming


This is just mapping out what needs to be done because it is vital to adhere to some structure when the deadlines are closing in and my time is filled with other work. 

Friday

On Friday I’m dedicating it to art because it will allow me to have enough time to edit and experiment. Now I did think about how I would do this alone but I do have my family. If that doesn’t work I can set a timer or just take a video and then screenshot.

Saturday

I am currently trying to film and finish a short film called “Trust It” while I’ve been trying to incorporate what I’ve learned for the upcoming project. I want to be able to shift my focus as soon as possible to this project entirely. Due to scheduling issues with the other actress I won’t be able to finish entirely this weekend but hopefully end it during next week. Otherwise the visuals I should get done prior can be cleaned up and hopefully postable by then. 

Monday

I  believe here I can focus on the screenplay and script for the film so that this can have enough direction for when I get my actor on board. Again “Trust It” will hopefully be finished or close to that so I can officially shift my focus. From there, another schedule would probably be beneficial perhaps even spilling to the next week as well.


До свидания

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website