Tuesday, March 1, 2022

The Actual Story Making: What's Happening So Far


With all this research the story I’ve been brewing hasn’t been put to rest. In fact all it takes for me now is to properly script this out. What I’m finding is hard about screen-writing a story for experimental film is not the shots but the order that they're in. Because I’ve chosen to do an experimental film the storyline isn’t supposed to be seen or heard but felt and to invoke feelings I must use the colors and sound to move the audience. 

As convoluted as the story may seem how I decide to edit this puppy will either make or break the film but until then I will share what the film is about. It's about a lonely protagonist who really likes movies and tv who is forced to interact with the unfamiliar. The unfamiliar speak in a strange language that the lonely protagonist attempts to respond to but further confuses them. Unfortunately the ending is that the protagonist never does reach further ground with the unfamiliar but instead retreats to the solace provided by media entertainment. 

From the very beginning I want this love for movies/TV shows to be established; I want it so because this will help the audience connect the screen's importance. The inner voices (the inners) of the protagonist will appear in different scenes; they’ll probably always be negative. Most of what the inners do is provide random comments. The unfamiliar are what I plan to give the mask to add to their alien look and voice. 


До свидания


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website