Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The Photo Shoot: How It Went Down

Before Finally getting this photo shoot done is my goal between today and tomorrow morning. The goal is to use the equipment gratefully granted by my teacher to solidify the tones and color scheme for this project. I don’t think I’ll be able to rely on someone to take the photo but the problem with that can be easily fixed by a tripod ,which I have. Before I was worried about not being able to steady it properly but after playing around with it I got it to work. One of the major parts that I wanted to figure out was color. More specifically: how much I could rely on the lighting when it came to giving that blue lighting.

Test 1:


First
I tried it with different lights in the house putting blue construction paper in front of them, just to see that the borrowed equipment I had was superior.  

Test 2:



Next For the actual photos I tried to get a hard blue lighting that would obscure the top of my shirt. I found that I liked it most with a level position to the camera and my face; any higher made the shadows on my face far too aggressive and not the lightly enticing look I wanted my first experimental key art to have. A problem that I did come across was the shade of blue, even as I turned on the light to the highest setting and put on the blue plastic filter, this blue that I was getting was just so light. I added a bit of the orange-red filter to help and it did but only a little bit. Now I have to decide whether I want to continue focusing on how to get this light where I want it or leave it up to the photoshop skills I have yet to retouch. I think I’m choosing the latter. 

In the next post I’ll post some of the rough shots and later the edited version. But until then.


До свидания


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media and Website

 Here's the Instagram account:   @lonelyashortfilmbyjirehstokes Here's the Website:  stokes25school.wixsite.com/website